The L+iD and its contribution to the processes of development
Internally the Laboratory facilitates meeting and exchange among specialists of great experience with young researchers in the formative process. It is a place of cooperation between north and south, public and private, with two headquarters: the University of Girona in Spain and the Universidad Tecnológica de Bolívar in Cartagena de Indias (Colombia). In the latter university it is a member of the Development Studies Institute—IDe.
In order to achieve the objectives established, the Laboratory has proposed the realization of the following tasks: a) the sounding-out of the state of research and innovation in development and culture in Ibero-America and at the international level, b) the promotion of processes of innovation and transfer of knowledge, and c) the conceptualization, development, incubation and implementation of research and innovation projects that permit the generation of cultural activities capable of contributing to the generation of development processes, among which are:
1. Protocols for development from a cultural perspective.
2. Community initiatives based in local cultures that help to overcome the situation of poverty and foster the promotion of social inclusion.
3. Offers of cultural activities for the development of tourism.
4. Proposals for the incorporation of the cultural dimension in public and private development policies.
5. Fostering the exchange of experts, the development of networks and the strengthening of academic programs.
6. Implementation of research studies applied to multilateral organisms.
7. Provision of technical assistance to public and private organizations for the design of policies and projects.
8. Evaluation of the impact of policies, projects and processes of cultural cooperation for development.